Good Smile Company (グッドスマイルカンパニー) (also known as GSC or Good Smile) is a Japanese manufacturer of hobby products such as the Nendoroid and figma product lines, as well as scale figures. In addition to production and manufacturing, its business includes design, marketing and distribution. Its products are usually based on anime, manga or games that are currently popular in Japan, although the company has also produced products based on other media properties such as the voice synthesizer software Vocaloid and the Touhou Project game series.
Good Smile Company was established by Aki Takanori in 2001 as an event management and talent company. Thereafter it began working with Max Factory on hobby related products which soon become the main focus of the company. Good Smile Company is now primarily involved in the planning, production, manufacturing and sales of figures and toys, but also markets accessories and other goods.
Good Smile Company also acts as a distributor and for a number of other hobby related companies including Max Factory, FREEing and Phat! Company. The company has a particularly long relationship with Max Factory, and often shares booths and display space with them at events such as Wonder Festival. As of June 2012, Good Smile Company moved from Matsudo, Chiba to the Tokyo Skytree‘s East Tower, which has become the joint headquarters for them and Max Factory.
‘Kahotan’s Blog’ is a popular blog which introduces both Good Smile Company and related products to the public through the eyes of one of the female staff members. The blog is available in both English and Japanese.
From “Berserk” comes a Nendoroid of Guts!
– Serious face
– Combat face
– Berserk face
– Dragon Slayer
– Cannon Arm
– Other optional parts for different poses.£64.99
ETA: 9th March 2024.
A New Addition to the POP UP PARADE!
POP UP PARADE is a series of figures that are easy to collect with affordable prices and speedy releases! Each figure typically stands around 17-18cm in height and the series features a vast selection of characters from popular anime and game series, with many more to be added soon!£39.99
ETA: 8th December 2023.
From “Cho Kosoku Galvion” comes a MODEROID plastic model of Galvion!
– The model stands at about 170mm in height and features several points of articulation.
– Interchangeable parts to create its Circus 1, Road Attacker and Road Fighter forms are included.
– Its Combat System (20mm handgun & shield) is included.
– Shoulder micro missile hatch can be displayed deployed or closed.
– By deploying the air nozzles at its feet and wings at its back, then attaching the leg stabilizers using interchangeable parts, Galvions floating appearance can be recreated.
– The various parts of the mecha have been separated into different colored runners, pre-painted parts and stickers, making it easy to recreate the ships with a simple assembly.£69.99
ETA: 7th February 2024.